If you would like any further information on any current or possible future vacancies or to discuss a possible career with us please send your CV with a covering letter to [email protected]
Independent Financial Adviser
Who you will be?
You will ideally be at least qualified to CII level 4 Diploma in Financial Planning or equivalent with the ambition to achieve Chartered status. You will, by preference, have your own existing client relationships and be able to generate your own work in addition to that generated by our marketing.
In addition to your own work you will be working alongside one of our senior advisers to provide financial planning advice and support to a broad range of clients mostly based in East Anglia with some in other locations.
Who are we?
We are a well-established firm of Independent Financial Advisers and Financial Planners based in central Ipswich. We offer advice predominantly to individuals, but also to small businesses, and trustees on a broad range of areas including, but not limited to financial planning, pensions, life insurance and investments. We are now looking for a Financial Advisor to join our team for our next development phase.
What will you be doing?
All the classic components required of the role of a financial adviser / financial planner, including:
- Successful generation of new client work by the marketing of our unique proposition to potential clients
- Provide skilled Financial planning advice on pensions, investments and life insurance
- Stand in for other advisers if they are unavailable.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills to present complex information with simplicity
- Ability to draft coherent letters and reports and therefore a strong command of the English language is essential
- The ability to research, analyse and present portfolio and other technical information as required
What we expect of you
- A diligent, proactive and energetic individual with commitment to the sector
- Accurate and methodical approach to professional work
- The ability to plan and prioritise workload as well as accept changing priorities
- A cheerful individual able to contribute in our collegiate environment
- Self-motivation and a fine sense of the absurd is a must.
Salary and Hours
This is a full-time position. Our office hours are 09.00 to 17.00 five days a week. We would expect you to hold a driving license and have access to your own car. This is an office-based role as most of our clients visit us, although occasionally we travel to see them.
Expected salary will entirely depend on where you are in the financial adviser / financial planner career journey and what you can bring to WFW.
- 20 days annual leave and a Christmas and new year shut down (roughly 3 days) plus bank holidays (usually 8 days)
- Bonuses paid Summer and Christmas
- Pension Scheme which can include salary sacrifice if desired.
- Professional; exams and training paid for and internal day release for study leave if required.
- All staff Christmas and Summer do – usually a meal out at an excellent restaurant all paid.
- We do not run a specific flexi-time system but as we are working for families, we are sympathetic to family needs, and appointments which cannot be scheduled outside of core hours.
WFW is an equal opportunity employer. People and therefore our client bank are diverse, and by extension we support diversity in our staff. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, faith, disability or any other characteristic protected or otherwise. All we care about is that you can do the job.